Encryption Escalation Engineer - L3 Support
Laptop Desktop Encryption Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE’s Enterprise Security Services division is experiencing significant growth. Strategically important, the focus of the team is to manage risk and provide security intelligence to our customers. Whether the customer is looking to extend their capabilities through Managed Security Services, manage risk and compliance, or to implement HPE’s leading Security Software solutions, the ESS team is a trusted advisor and prime security integrator. Offering ‘Best-in-class’ security services, HPE ESS presents an outstanding opportunity to develop your career.
Laptop Desktop Encryption Engineer
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Security Services Managed Security Services Americas Security & Service Operations Centre
(HP ESS MSS AMS SOC) providing high quality service support/change to HP ESS MSS AMS SOC Clients.
This position is based in the Plano SMC AMS SOC located in Plano, Texas USA, working within our fast paced Security
Service Operations Centre. Although this role is office based there is a requirement that the candidate be able to drive and have their own
transportation. This is due to the location of the office and the On-call off shift hours that may be required for HP ESS
MSS AMS SOC business and client support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Implementing customer changes across all technologies
- Working changes based on standard service measures
- Providing technical training to other members of HP ESS MSS AMS SOC
- Attending technical training to retain skill levels across the HP ESS MSS AMS SOC Portfolio.
- Specialize and be a focal point for at least 3 products from the portfolio
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Troubleshooting change implementation problems
- Documenting customer infrastructure and configuration
- Liaise with vendors to support client devices and environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in writing and verbally
- Evaluate unique or complex installations or configurations and make recommendations for resolution. Review and may resolve complex business issues.
- Engages team members for support as required to ensure internal or external business and end users/clients Service Level Agreements (SLA) demands are met
- Confident and eager to take on additional more complex tasks
- Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
- Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
- Ability to act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Has the knowledge and confidence to act as point of expertise and trusted advisor for peers and customers alike
- Understand and utilize Information Technology Information Library (ITIL).
- Comfortable managing technical issue as well as customer business impact and ability to blend and appreciate these aspects in communication with customer
- The Managed Security Services (MSS) Laptop Desktop Encryption (LDE) Engineer will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain the overall service delivered by the MSS team to the clients, ensuring the services delivered meet the client requirements, support the overall MSS business plan and are cost effective, ensuring HP is meeting is contractual objectives.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the services (systems) that will be delivered as part of the overall MSS group services.
- The MSS LDE team member will work with the service delivery teams, peers and clients to ensure information and services implemented and delivered are operating smoothly, so that any queries and issues are dealt with effectively and promptly.
- Work with Project Managers to Implement LDE solution and perform upgrades
- Work closely with various teams to support steady state/production.
- Responsibility for maintaining and ensuring standard solutions are implemented and delivered according to Global Portfolio direction.
- Will assist in trouble shooting issues and act as a point of escalation for the client, owning queries or issues through to resolution
- Responsibility for helping to drive service improvements by ensuring that any issues or concerns with the services supplied are clearly understood.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot issues.
- Support of sales teams in pursuit of accounts of strategic importance to the MSS Service Line, to Enterprise Security Services and to HP.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
College Degree required or equivalent experience,
5-7 years experience in relevant technologies of Pointsec (Checkpoint), McAfee, Symantec, and
BitLocker products specifically in he LDE space and customer environments.
3 years IT Experience of customer delivery/customer service
3 Technical Industry Standard Certifications in Security and/or Network.
Network and/or Security Operations Centre Industry Experience
Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
3 Years IT experience
Excellent Documentation Skills
Working knowledge of Network and/or Security Technologies
Experience in a Support Environment
Experience of working within a team environment
Experience in Change Control Delivery
Working knowledge of Checkpoint products
Working knowledge of IDS/IPS, VPN Technologies, Authentication Software, Microsoft and Citrix
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported
Advanced and evidence of trouble-shooting skills in a technical environment
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Advanced Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools
Superior customer service skills
Telephone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge, and resolution ability
Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
Ability to mentor new engineers
Ability to train peers on solutions
Ability to lead technical action plans
Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
Highly Developed knowledge of more complex solutions. Experience with Pointsec (Checkpoint), McAfee, Symantec, and
BitLocker products specifically in the LDE space.
Good understanding of operating systems both server and client, networking, TCP/IP protocols, and firewalls.
Good understanding of encryption and its impact on hardware platforms, 3rd party apps, and relevant software used by
field techs and data recovery as well as Forensics. Knowledge of VMWare helpful.
Good written and oral communication skills, including some PowerPoint presentations for accounts and clients.
Self-starter, highly motivated
Ability to work with numerous accounts on different vendor lines, custom offerings and requirements.
Ability to prioritize projects and work with minimal direction
Ability to complete projects on-time and within budget
Strong skills with developing design processes and procedures doc and power point presentations
Ability to work in a team environment/good teamwork skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top