Embedded Firmware developer
Embedded Firmware developer
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware (e.g., DSP, embedded code, BIOS). Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high-level languages (e.g., C, C++).
- Leads multiple project teams of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall firmware leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the firmware design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple firmware design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating firmware into overall architecture and hardware design
- Evaluating forms and processes for firmware testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, designproposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top