Electrical/Hdwr Engineer VI
Electrical/Hdwr Engineer VI
HewlettPackard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enablescustomers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensiveportfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, ourtechnology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient,more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among themost powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPEculture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will havemany opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignmentopportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate yourlearning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring"program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across ourmulti-generation workforce.
EnterpriseGroup works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions.By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and TechnologyServices into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on"Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customerswith the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there forour customers – come join us!
Leads architecture & engineering for advanced product development. Works with multiple teams to ensure consistency of design, recommending best HW decisions for HPE, and guides junior and other engineering teams. Takes on new technologies through to proof of concepts and eventual productization.
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Leads multiple project teams of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of electrical hardware design and development for complex products, solutions, and platforms, including design, validation, tooling and testing.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall electrical/electronic hardware and platform leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the electrical hardware design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Using electrical design tools and software packages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of electronic hardware for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms into overall architecture
- Evaluating and proposing forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Expert with PCB design tools such as Cadence and Allegro
- Expertise in managing ODM vendors
- Extensive experience in board architecture, SI, CPU, integration required
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top