Electrical/Hdwr Engineer I
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or
integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design
margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development
and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct
support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and
algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements
- Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and
vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware
design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced
development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience or understanding of electrical design tools and software packages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
- Understanding of thermal and electromagnetic properties of materials and managing emissions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top