Electrical Hardware Engineer
Electrical Hardware Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Leads a project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex products.
- Represents the electrical hardware team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using electrical design tools and software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top