Edgeline BIOS Firmware Systems Engr
Hewlett Packard Enterprise leads the industry with its ProLiant, Synergy, Edgeline, and Moonshot servers. With a product line expanding into exciting new areas, HPE is looking for talent that can play a critical role in defining and delivering innovative solutions.
UEFI BIOS Development engineers play an integral role in delivering industry leading HPE server products and solutions. As a UEFI BIOS Development engineer at HPE, you will architect, design, develop, debug, and maintain firmware to provide innovative products and solutions to our customers, evaluate and design industry standards and new technologies, and help define and shape new industry leading products. The position offers the qualified candidate the opportunity to work in an exciting, high profile, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment. The position includes working with the latest in hardware and software technology and provides excellent opportunities to gain a wide breadth of experience.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 0-2 years experience
- Proficient in C Language Programming.
- Some proficiency in Assembly Language Programming and/or Python is preferred.
- Coursework in operating systems architecture.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- Coursework and/or related experience in embedded systems or microcontroller programming.
- Coursework in computer architecture.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent code documentation and commenting skills.
- Excellent debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Customer focused and customer driven.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top