DTAG Technology Consultant IV
DTAG Technology Consultant IV
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HPE, you'll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You'll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you'll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world's biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
- Automate everything: application and infrastructure deployment, continuous integration, monitoring, alerting
- Ensure deployments happen smoothly
- Maintain very high uptime and fast response times for all deployed environments
- Work with product/engineers to increase feature release speed and lower bug rates
- Maintain risk assessments and disaster response scenarios
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
- Provide review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level projects
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for medium to large business unit level projects.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience: 5 to 10 years
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with configuration management tools and principles
- Experience with dynamic/scripting programming languages and infrastructure automation tools
- Experience managing application production IT/web operations
- Knowledge of Ruby is an advantage
- Proven experience working specifically with Chef automation tool or any other similar product (Puppet)
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need or opportunity and to design/propose a solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to propose the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Deep IT industry knowledge in specific areas.
- Excellent English skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top