Drive Firmware Qualification Engineer
Drive Firmware Qualification Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Storage is ramping up to support Data Storage - one of the fastest growing industry segments. Today, HPE has innovative and vital Data Storage products including the 3PAR product line. The HPE Storage Team is targeting this critical segment by investing in and expanding our IP and products for the future.
At the HPE R&D Storage team in Fremont, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and deliver Firmware for the SSD and future drive technologies needed for the future of data storage. Specifically, we are looking for highly technical, motivated and proactive technologist to provide technical leadership for drive firmware work for the 3PAR product line including cutting edge technology and innovations. We are looking for this individual to support the product roadmap and lead the future deliverables. #CBHPE
This position is in the Drive Engineering Group for the HPE Storage Division (HPESD) including the 3PAR storage product line.
Position Description: HPE 3PAR Storage Drive Firmware Engineer
- Lead discussions and drive joint firmware design and validation activities with vendors to align with HPE's drive hardware design assessment process, roadmaps and drive-related technology development.
- Provide storage drive thought leadership for system planning and development
- Lead drive FW reliability process development and execution.
- Design assessments for FW quality during qualifications
- Proactively understand, investigate and resolve high escalation firmware related issues from the field
- Lead high visibility and high stress customer escalations requiring deep technical analysis
- Lead HPE drive activities related to qualification process, spec development, design reviews
- Lead & develop drive related innovations to enable 3PAR storage products to differentiate versus our competitors.
- Support HPE internal cross-functional efforts, including joint work with SW Development, SQA, Mechanical Design, Supply Chain, and Customer Support
- Communicate effectively with HPE business partners and influence the future drive technology design.
- Partnering with supply chain, manufacturing, HW & SW engineering to manage drive new product release and sustaining issues on existing drives.
- Continuously improve development process resulting in continuous quality and predictability improvement.
- Master's degree in CS equivalent, with several years of experience with Solid State products developing and or testing drive firmware.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive R&D experience, including significant experience in Solid State technology and manufacturing processes
- Deep knowledge of storage technologies and applications
- Ability to influence suppliers and manage technical activities at suppliers.
- Ability to critically assess SSD and HDD design options.
- Working knowledge of SCSI and PCIe protocols is a plus.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and data mining.
- Able to think outside the box and discover innovative solutions for complex drive issues.
- Comfortable working cross functionally with external vendors, manufacturing, hardware, software, test, and marketing.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Strong personal leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge of storage products and/or technology
- Detailed storage competitive knowledge
- Demonstrated hardware design experience
- Demonstrated skills in partner management (cross-cultural skills a plus)
- Strong presentation skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top