Distribution Sales and Planning Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
The Distribution Planning Manager will focus on:
This role will work directly with distributors in each region to gather input/feedback, problem solve, develop and actively manage project plans.
- Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
- Leads and executes highly complex, time sensitive projects; identifies and recommends solutions for multifaceted operational and programmatic problems
- Drives all aspects of priority projects and works with WW VP of Distribution to drive final team decisions.
- Counsels business leaders, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions and owns the execution of the solutions in regions working with Regional Distribution Leads
- Leads efforts to develop innovative business models and analyses to support multiple, large projects.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses, and impact the business directly.
- Global account responsibility for one of our top distributors.
Advanced university degree recommended (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 10 years total IT distribution experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
- Ideal candidate will have Partner Operations experience and either worked at an IT Distributor or provided account coverage for an IT Distributor
- Extensive knowledge of problem identification for the most challenging business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within multiple cross-functional areas such as Indirect Sales, Sales Operations (OTC, CPQ), Partner Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrates an understanding of IT Distribution as a route to market, including its value proposition, and significance of return on working capital
- Ability to identify emerging trends in IT distribution from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top