Director of Hyperconverged Product Management
Director of Hyperconverged Product Management
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The HPE Hyper Converged portfolio offers the most powerful, simple and efficient solutions on the market with software-defined infrastructure that unites best-in-class data services capabilities with the word's top-selling compute platform.
In this role you will lead a team of Product Managers responsible for the Hyper Converged portfolio. You are accountable for the success of the portfolio metrics across the complete life cycle of the hyper converged portfolio - understand customer needs/insights, utilize agile business processes to identify and deliver product requirements and the key value proposition, and working with the R&D core teams as well as other cross-functional stakeholders to support them in delivery of hyper converged solutions. You will also manage available levers including pricing, messaging and/or whole product strategies to deliver success on the platform and meet financial commitments for the hyper converged portfolio.
- Leads and drives the end to end strategy and operational product roadmap for one or more products including the fiscal planning for the portfolio
- Defines the value proposition, target customer segments, and business case to bring one or more innovative and disruptive products to market with respect to the whole company product portfolio (i.e. Product configuration mix, Revenue/Margins, financials, market share)
- Synthesizes market requirements into marketing/customer details and use cases by having intimate customer knowledge and business, financial and industry market acumen
- Advises key stakeholders on the portfolio strategy across all phases of the lifecycle (e.g., planning, development, launch, management, exit)
- Creates and drives goal alignment and collaborates across one or more products' value chain partners to optimize margins and enable success of products per plans across the product lifecycle. (i.e. Engineering: HW and SW product development, Supply Chain: SKUs, inventory, product manufacturing strategy, Marketing: marketing and pricing strategies and Global Sales: go-to-market plan, compensation, sales coverage)
- Manage fiscal year results by quarter, to align with annual targets and goals. Closely monitoring and drive GTM planning and execution
- A proven track record of launching and growing products in the Enterprise and/or Hyper Converged space
- Perennial professional experience ideally in the IT Operations Infrastructure Management, Business Service Management, Storage or Application Performance Management markets
- Keen ability to express and evaluate opportunities with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Mentoring and coaching senior product managers
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- A proven and demonstrated track record of leadership in large organizations
- Flexibility, high level of energy and ability to work hard
- Strong team player who works and partners well with others to achieve the mission
- External focus with very strong determination to win in the market
- Ability to challenge and be challenged
- Power of persuasion with customers and other industry and market contacts, as well as internal confidence
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams through influence
- Seamless in building strong working relationships with the Executive team members and Software colleagues
- Ability to communicate both technically and business oriented with Engineering and Product Development teams
- Awareness of trends and impact on market, able to engage with and support Sales and Product Marketing teams
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Credibility with customers, analysts – to be the external face of the product
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top