Director, Corporate Accounting
Director, Corporate Accounting
The Director, Corporate Accounting will have oversight and responsibility for treasury accounting (debt, derivatives, investments in securities), accounting for stock compensation, EPS, equity method investments, pension accounting and restructuring amongst other areas for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Hewlett Packard Enterprise comprises industry-leading enterprise technology infrastructure, software, services and financing businesses, with annual revenues in excess of $50 billion. Reporting into the Vice President, Assistant Controller; this role will lead Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s accounting and preparation of disclosures for the aforementioned areas, amongst others. The role will partner with business unit finance teams, treasury, tax and others as necessary to provide support on accounting issues.
- Ownership of disclosures for debt, derivatives, investments in securities, equity method investments, pension plans and restructuring for Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s SEC filings on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Partner with treasury, M&A accounting team, tax and legal to analyze accounting impacts of transactions.
- Work with treasury on debt offerings, stock and debt repurchases, hedging activity, and investments in debt and equity securities.
- Ownership for the accounting of equity method investments, which includes Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s joint venture in China, H3C. Work with our joint venture partner’s accounting team to insure Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s financial statements accurately reflect our investment interest, which includes understanding and assisting with their accounting policies and practices.
- Lead pension accounting team, including the analysis of the impact of proposed plan changes.
- Oversight responsibility for the Company’s accounting for stock compensation, including fair value calculations, forfeiture rate analysis, and financial modeling for proposed new awards and/or modifications.
- Manage the accounting for the Company’s restructuring plan, including working with FP&A and the business unit finance teams on forecasted labor and non-labor reductions to insure they meet GAAP and Company policy requirements.
- Primary point of contact for the Company’s EPS calculations.
- Lead process improvement and policy development initiatives for relevant areas.
- Work with internal customers (e.g. BU finance teams, treasury, tax) to consult on accounting matters and recommend courses of action.
- Perform impairment testing process and quarterly assessment of triggering events for relevant areas.
- Insure group maintains best class in organization structure and provides team members opportunities for continued career growth.
- Manage a team of approximately 15-20 individuals located across multiple sites in the US and foreign locations.
- Lead ad hoc projects as necessary.
Required locations either Houston, Palo Alto,
Education and Experience Required
- Masters or bachelors degree in accounting and accounting certification (CPA) required.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an external reporting or technical accounting role with a large multinational corporation and/or Big 4 accounting firm.
- Minimum of 4 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior ability to provide finance consultation to VPs and SVPs within area of expertise.
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across geographies.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions.
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top