DevOps Engineer - Automation (Security)
HPE ESS Engineering are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join the team. Responsible for working with project teams to build and maintain automated deployment processes, to encourage common code ownership of the deployment stack amongst project developers, encourage the breaking down of silos between operations and development, and to monitor and administer cloud based infrastructure and platforms.
The applicant must have previous experience maintaining web applications on Linux Servers in a production environment and using automated tooling to configure new Servers.
- The candidate will help develop the technology and processes for deployment and monitoring of our applications
- Participating in sprint planning to work with developers and project teams to ensure projects are deployable and monitorable from the outside
- Participating in, and contributing to system and process architecture
- Working with product teams on a range of tools and services, improving products to meet user needs Working with, and supporting, development teams with application configuration for deployment, monitoring and other automation
- Working with developers to test, debug and troubleshoot issues and problems
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so
- Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment
- Experience as a web applications developer
- Understanding of common web application architectures
- Deploying and configuring machines in a cloud environment eg AWS, Azure
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
- Comfortable with configuration management and continuous integration and deployment tools; principally: GitLab, Puppet, Jenkins and Nexus; or previous experience deploying
- Working knowledge of at least one other build tool (npm, maven, gradle)
- Strong scripting capability in one or more of Bash, Python, Powershell
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion
- Experience administering common open source databases like MySQL, Postgres or MongoDB, experience with SQLServer 2008 or later.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work alone as well as an integral part of a team
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
- Experience with open source solutions and community
- Continuous integration and deployment
- HortonWorks, Kafka, Nifi, Storm, Zookeeper
- Elasticsearch, Vertica
- Vagrant, Docker, Nginx/Apache/IIS, Monitoring tools
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top