Development Operations System Engineer
As a unified business, HP Software Enterprisesecurity products (ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing securityOrganizations on the planet! Security, compliance, and risk management is ahigh growth market, and that market is accelerating. Based on market leadingproducts from ArcSight, Fortify and, the HP Security Intelligence and RiskManagement (SIRM) Platform uniquely delivers the advanced correlation,application protection, and network defense technology to protect today’sapplications and IT infrastructures from sophisticated cyber threats.
HP Software Enterprise Security, ArcSightdivision, is a leading global provider of Compliance and Security Managementsolutions that protect enterprises, education and governmental agencies.ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguardtheir assets and processes and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects andcorrelates user activity and event data across the enterprise so thatbusinesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to complianceviolations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security and compliancemanagement solutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk forenterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s only vendor-neutral solution forreal time intelligent identification, prioritization and network response toexternal security attacks, insider threats and compliance breaches.
HP Enterprise Software IS Lab Operations team isresponsible for owning and managing R&D Lab Data Centers that house R&DEquipment for Development and Testing globally. This particular role is for aDevelopment Operations System Engineer in a team located in Heredia, CostaRica. The incumbent needs to work closely with geographically diversified teamwhich are both internal to Lab Operations and outside in the various product developmentteams. HP Enterprise Software is a leading provider of ITManagement and Enterprise Security products for management and risk mitigationin a hybrid environment. IT Operations Management (ITOM) is positioned to helpIT move from being a cost center, responsible for keeping the Lights on (KTLO)to an innovative business center.
- Work with thedevelopment operations manager and team lead to automate the underlying ITservices used for hosting small testing and event-generation environments.
- Candidateshould have solid Windows and Linux administration skills.
- Candidateshould have solid automation skills using tools like vRealize and Docker (idealcandidate will be able to work on these programs at an API level).
- Candidateshould have solid Python/Perl/Shell/MS Powershell scripting skills.
- Network –Familiarity with Networking including Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, and IPv6.
- SoftwareDevelopment Tools – Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of SCM, Collaboration, Continuous Integrations, Code Reviewproducts.
- Scalability& Interoperability – Design and implementation of Scalability andInteroperability environment for product and performance testing.
- Minimum7 years’ experience working in a Heterogeneous Compute Infrastructure – withEnterprise Servers (HP Preferred), Storage and Network in a Physical, Virtualand Hybrid Environment.
- 5 Years of experience in Windows System administration, in depth knowledge ofconfiguration management of Windows operating systems. Experience in Windows AD(Domain, DHCP, DNS, Domain GP).
- 5 Years of experience in Linux System administration, troubleshooting on multipledistribution, OpenLDAP, Active Directory authentication.
- ScriptingKnowledge (Perl, Python, and PowerShell).
- Advancedmulti-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering,Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Strong technical and business English usage ofdocument reading, emails and conference calls
- Effective verbal and written communicationskills.
- Partnership first: We believe in thepower of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers,our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still -we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven toinnovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
- What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexibleworking hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett PackardEnterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is toprovide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving careeropportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in apleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hearfrom you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal atwww.hpe.com/careers
- You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top