Development Operations System Engineer
As a unified business, HP Software Enterprise security products (ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing security Organizations on the planet! Security, compliance, and risk management is a high growth market, and that market is accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight, Fortify and, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) Platform uniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and network defense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures from sophisticated cyber threats.
HP Software Enterprise Security, ArcSight division, is a leading global provider of Compliance and Security Management solutions that protect enterprises, education and governmental agencies. ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets and processes and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates user activity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security and compliance management solutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk for enterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s only vendor-neutral solution for real time intelligent identification, prioritization and network response to external security attacks, insider threats and compliance breaches.
HP Enterprise Software IS Lab Operations team is responsible for owning and managing R&D Lab Data Centers that house R&D Equipment for Development and Testing globally. This particular role is for a Development Operations System Engineer in a team located in Heredia, Costa Rica. The incumbent needs to work closely with geographically diversified team which are both internal to Lab Operations and outside in the various product development teams. HP Enterprise Software is a leading provider of IT Management and Enterprise Security products for management and risk mitigation in a hybrid environment. IT Operations Management (ITOM) is positioned to help IT move from being a cost center, responsible for keeping the Lights on (KTLO) to an innovative business center.
- Work with the development operations manager and team lead to automate the underlying IT services used for hosting small testing and event-generation environments.
- Candidate should have solid Windows and Linux administration skills.
- Candidate should have solid automation skills using tools like vRealize and Docker (ideal candidate will be able to work on these programs at an API level).
- Candidate should have solid Python/Perl/Shell/MS Powershell scripting skills.
- Network – Familiarity with Networking including Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, and IPv6.
- Software Development Tools – Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of SCM (Source Code Management), Collaboration, Continuous Integrations, Code Review products.
- Scalability & Interoperability – Design and implementation of Scalability and Interoperability environment for product and performance testing.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a Heterogeneous Compute Infrastructure – with Enterprise Servers (HP Preferred), Storage and Network in a Physical, Virtual and Hybrid Environment.
- 5 Years of experience in Windows System administration, in depth knowledge of configuration management of Windows operating systems. Experience in Windows AD (Domain, DHCP, DNS, Domain GP).
- 5 Years of experience in Linux System administration, troubleshooting on multiple distribution, OpenLDAP, Active Directory authentication.
- Scripting Knowledge (Perl, Python, and PowerShell).
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Strong technical and business English usage of document reading, emails and conference calls
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
- What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
- You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top