- JOB DESCRIPTION
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
ES Applications Services helps customers become an effective IT-enabled business by engaging the right people, processes and technologies. We provide strategy, transformation, implementation and management of custom, industry, packaged, and enterprise applications. Acting to Advise, Transform and Manage, we offer services embracing all of the leading Enterprise Applications solutions and assisting clients where they most need help. We offer services embracing IT and applications transformation, modernization, development, testing and management.
- 3 years’ experience in Corticon Business Rules Engine technology.
3 years’ experience analyzing business requirements and formal business rules, organizing into Rule Flows and Rule Sheets and coding in Corticon.
Object-oriented analysis and design skills and system integration skills.
Familiarity with XML structures desired.
- Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team.
- Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
- Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
- May assign work to others.
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
- May provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- More than 6 years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C , C#, VB.Net.
- Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle. Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
- Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Strong understanding basic Database Administration.
- Able to apply consistently quality and security standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing general project management/team leader skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top