Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are looking for a Desktop Engineer to help empower our engineering team in San Diego, CA or Boise, ID. This employee will be a full-time, direct hire member of our team supporting our NGEN contract with our U.S. Navy and Marine Corps clients.
The Desktop Engineer will innovate Desktop Application and Operating System deployment methods, focusing on automation in order to reduce human error. This will enable the technology teams to deliver consistent, high-quality results while improving user experience and information assurance posture. Strict adherence to a project schedule ensures compliance with contractual deliverables for the customer and ultimately drives revenue. The Desktop Engineer will be interfacing with approximately 39 engineers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Becoming a subject matter expert (SME) with the Radia solution, which provides software delivery, patching, and automated seat build process for client seats throughout the enterprise
- Providing engineering support and becoming a SME for the client seat operating system build process.
- Adhering to roadmaps and standards for Core Applications.
- Researching and developing standard configuration settings appropriate for each application.
- Assisting in the development of associated infrastructure components (AD configuration, Group Policy settings, etc.).
- Providing application packaging teams with relevant information and liaison throughout the application package creation process. Support application packaging when needed.
- Development and execution of lab testing plans (including automated and manual testing processes).
- Liaising with software vendors to understand product lifecycles, security updates and other releases.
- Creating and submitting required documentation and other reporting associated for the applications.
- Liaising with the support organization on open issues and investigations.
- Issuing escalation to software vendors where appropriate.
- Documenting and reporting fixes and updates during the development process.
- Supporting monthly vulnerability and readiness mitigation activities, both are critical to maintaining the network security and have extremely short timeline to implementation.
- Engineering part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Understands a broad spectrum of company technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Providing technical expertise on integration activities that are part of a solution release. Participates in integration testing and ensures engineered solution completes integration testing successfully.
- Contributing to knowledge management artifacts and solution documentation.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to work locally in our San Diego, CA or Boise, ID office.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret-level Security Clearance.
- Must have a valid Comptia Security CE certification on-hand by start date.
- 1-3 years of Technical document writing experience.
- 3-5 years of software engineering.
- 3-5 years of WSUS, SCCM, and/or SCUP.
- 3-5 years of MDT.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Radia solutions supporting software delivery and patching for a large enterprise
- 3-5 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8 years in total).
- Extensive experience with standard scripting languages and techniques (VBS, PowerShell)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft client operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and their use in global enterprise environments.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and other enterprise applications, including ownership, support and management in multi-language environments.
- Experience with and knowledge of AD design and GPO management.
- Understanding of application packaging and deployment technologies used in corporate environments including Windows Installer.
- Exemplary communication, analytical skills, and technical knowledge across the client environment.
- Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation.
- Results orientated and schedule driven.
- Ability or demonstrated experience translating vague requirements into a functional design.
- Ability to work as an active member of a team across teams. Occasionally leading a small team on technical discussions, problem solving.
- Ability to learn and contribute to proprietary tool sets.
- Ability to help solve diverse and complex problems related to supported engineering solutions and tools.
- Ability and willingness to support quick turnaround activities
- Familiarity with the following: SCCM 2007/2012 SP1 R2/SMS2003 • WSUS/SCUP • Active Directory • DNS • DHCP • IIS • Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Windows AIK • WMI • PowerShell • VBS • Batch scripting • Desired State Configuration • HP Client Automation Enterprise • Persistent Radia • ACAS • DISA Secure Host Baseline • STIG Analysis and Compliance • SCAP • IAVA Compliance • 802.1x • InstallShield • AdminStudio • Enterprise Antivirus • HBSS • VMWare Workstation • Vsphere • Wireshark • IDS • IPS • Wireless Protocols and Configurations • VPN • PKI • Windows Deploy Services • ADK • DISM
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top