Demand / Supply Planner
Demand / Supply Planner
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating demand/supply management, business processes and/or manufacturing/delivery of products and services to the company policy and country regulatory requirements. Partners with stakeholders to identify/implement opportunities for business process improvement to effectively manage costs, integrate new and existing businesses, and adapt to changes in the business and regulatory environment. Time horizon is typically focused on less than six months for forecasting/planning. Leading and working with cross-functional teams, creates and implements plans that enable the execution of business strategies. Participates in the process by which demand signals are developed, validated for alignment with transition plans, supply constraints identified, and an executable plan defined that meets financial and market share goals. Scope includes business execution processes related to lifecycle planning; order management (including allocation management, Available to Promise (ATP) / commit processes, business attainment tracking); logistics management (including inbound/outbound coordination and consolidation of domestic and international systems to support shipments); and inventory management (including analysis, optimization and velocity). Partners cross-functionally to develop, track and manage business metrics for the organization (may include customer availability, service levels, on-time delivery, supplier response time (SRTs), supply chain costs and inventory.
In this role, you will focus on planning systems and processes, demand/supply forecasting and analytics, and collaborative process improvement.
The ideal candidate will have acquired subject matter expertise in advanced planning systems, demand and supply planning, Sales & Operations Planning execution, and metrics-driven approaches to problem solving. They will also be detail oriented, organized, an effective communicator, and a team player.
- Accountable for supply and demand activities for multiple product lines, ensuring that performance (inventory, cost, etc.) meets global and regional planning requirements.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors that typically support a moderately complex global business unit.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Ensures the delivery of products and services that meet the performance metrics defined by senior management.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a limited scope.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Manages the demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution and identifying issues and their impact.
- Drive countries trade compliance programs to realize efficiencies and advantages in the supply chain.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 8+ years of experience in a supply chain function (or related fields).
- Typically 0-2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced understanding of demand and supply planning processes, business operations, and strategy.
- Strong analytical thinking, analysis, data modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Good understanding of the company's policies and processes.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Excellent understanding of national land international trade requirements.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage the S&OP process through an advanced planning system (Kinaxis Rapid Response) and MS Excel.
- Work with the Planning manager to develop and improve the demand forecasting and forecast netting methodologies, as well as the demand/supply match, S&OP, and order promising mechanisms.
- Maintain and develop worksheets and functional processes in Kinaxis.
- Create system-based processes and procedures for planning, order management, purchasing and supply chain.
- Work with the Order Management team to review and prioritize demand.
- Drive automation and documentation of planning functions and processes.
- Build and strengthen skills as a Super User and worksheet author in Kinaxis.
- Assist supply chain and manufacturing team in planning for New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Gather and report metrics to be able to manage our daily and weekly activities and for outward distribution, including senior management.
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top