Deep Support Unix/Linux - SME
UNIX/LINUX SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate and initiate Service Improvement Plan as part of Continual Service Improvement activity within the organization.
- Participate in projects to upgrade, modify or change the OS configuration, Kernel parameters and software by working closely with Engineering team and Subject Matter Experts.
- Update all the required artifact in the ticketing tool and any identified systems for works that was assigned following organization best practice.
- Work among the team to share knowledge, and develop team synergies within organization.
- Prepared to work outside of business hours when required.
- Generate performance reports, analysis of failures, trend analysis, identify potential solutions and implement the corrective actions.
- Engineer is responsible for driving technical service resolutions to restore service and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by technical and functional support to current Critical Systems supporting High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) Clustered systems. This position is also responsible for providing support for UNIX/Linux/ESX servers.
- The principal duties and responsibilities of each team member include the following: Documenting the issues, researching and troubleshooting with clients to resolve issues, and escalation to the management as required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Act as a material matter expert for all the UNIX/Linux disciplines.
- Anticipate, identify, and quickly respond and resolve technical problems that affect system availability.
- Ability to participate in the management of projects – including identifying resources, coordinating schedules, performing implementations, and providing direction to vendors.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and as a technical lead, with strong initiative to strive for perfection and exceed job expectations.
- Active participation in Escalations and ability to provide the quicker solution with in short period of time.
- Adhere to Incident Management and Problem Management SLA’s.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 10 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- HP-UX advanced troubleshooting skills
- MC Service Guard Metro cluster skills
- VERITAS Cluster skills.
- Linux Advanced Troubleshooting skills.
- Virtual Connect configuration and troubleshooting.
- NFS, CIFS configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat 6.x. /RedH Hat 7.x
- Working knowledge of CentOS 6.x, CentOS 7
- High severity incidents, Proliant Servers, Itanium Servers.
- Knowledge on HPE Industry Standard Hardware.
- Knowledge of Cluster management software
- Good understanding of Networks.
- Performance knowledge a plus.
- Strong knowledge on ITIL process.
- VxVM, C7000 enclosure.
- Root cause analysis
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top