DC OSS - Network Specialist
- Apply advanced technicalknowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. Network administration,and Network/data security and performance management) for the Datacenter carecustomers. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to createsuperior solutions for customers and HPE.
- IncidentManagement: Resolve single andcross technology incidents independently. Lead the team members to resolvecomplex or cross technology incidents.
- EscalationManagement: identify, manage, andlead technical escalations. Participate in formal Escalation when required tosupport escalation especially during crisis.
- ProblemManagement: Proactively andreactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring inteam/technology area. Perform Trend and Root cause analysis.
- ChangeManagement/Implementation:Independently prepare, review, implement, rollback and test plan for changerecords. Perform risk and impact analysis for changes, May lead or participatein a Change Advisory Board.
- Patchand firmware Management: Knowledgeabout applying patch and firmware per policy. Proactively monitor theenvironment for patch and firmware compliance. Analyze patches and firmware forcompatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
- ConfigurationManagement: Ensure ConfigurationManagement Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- SolutionDesign: Apply HPE solutions tomeet highly complex customer and/or trade/HPE infrastructure needs.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change ininternal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- ProjectManagement: Participate, propose,and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology customers,including Knowledge Transfer (KT) and Transition. Create Standard OperatingProcedure (SOP)
- CustomerRelationship Management:Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regardingoperational details, solutions, and proposals. Becoming a trusted advisor tothe customer.
- Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual,global, and/or multi-functional. Lead teams which address operational processesand policies in work area. Seen as a resource to the team in one or moretechnical or business areas. Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside theteam/technology area.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong Basics of Networking, TCP/IPNetworks, Multi-Vendor Support Experience (Cisco/HPE/Juniper/Checkpoint/ASA/Fortinetetc)
- Strong Routing and Switching Conceptsand Real-Time Experience on Live Complex Corporate Networks
- Interacting with clients, understandingtheir needs & providing technical support to clients by remotely accessingtheir networks & troubleshooting the issues raised
- Experience working in a NOC environmentmanaging and implementing day to day operations on network and security issuesfor large scale enterprise customers
- Troubleshooting of complex LAN/WANinfrastructure, including routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Switching Concepts and Experienceincluding STP’s, Vlan’s, VTP, EtherChannel, Port Config, Hardening, ManagementProtocols, Stacking etc
- Implementing security policies usingACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS & RADIUS) is addedadvantage
- Wireless Configuration Experience withCisco/HPE/ARUBA Controllers and AP’s
- Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and providescapacity planning solutions.
- Experience with Network systems and servers, networking systemsintegration (hardware, software, network, and database).
- Experience in SAV and WSUS management
- Experience managing Enterprise LevelNetworks for Corporate Customer through remote management Tools like NNMi/PRTG/SAW/IMC/LogicMonitor/Spiceworks/ManageEngineetc
- Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills
- Excellent analytical andproblem solving skills
- Self-driven, passionateand positive attitude towards handling critical situations.
- Excellent collaboration,negotiation, conflict management, teamwork and leadership skills.
- A technical Bachelor’sdegree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- CCNP/CCIE R&S/Security, HPEMASE/ASE, JUNOS based Certifications JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE desirable
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top