Data Technology Solution Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Transformation Area is partof the Global Sales initiatives designed to leverage the HPE cross-businessportfolio to create solutions that delivers business outcomes for ourcustomers. The Transformation programcomprise four major areas:
- Transform to Hybrid ITinfrastructure
- Protect you digital enterprise
- Empower the data-driven organization
- Enable work place productivity
The goal ofEmpower transformation area (TA3) is to help our customers achieve competitivedifferentiation by better leverage of data, more effectively turning them intoinsights, and delivering the insights at points of action. We offer these bestsolutions to our customers by exploiting the cross-HPE portfolio and theextended partners’ capabilities.
We are seeking a Data Technology SolutionManager who will be responsible for the Empower TA solutions and support theassociated development roadmap. You will manage existing and define newsolutions that integrate into the Empower and cross-TA offering strategy. Youwill be working with talented product managers, engineers, technologyconsultants, and marketing experts to leverage exciting technologies such asbig data, analytics and cloud computing. This object is to create an Empowersolution portfolio that will help guide our customer through a successfuldigital transformation journey.
The Data Technology Solution Manager is the single point of end-to-endoffering accountability globally. This includes managing the capabilitythroughout the full lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing market and customerrequirements, defining the offering vision and roadmap, and working closelywith the marketing, sales, engineering, and operations functions to ensurestrategic and financial goals are met and to deliver market leading andinnovative offerings. Also requires working with internal and externaltechnology partners. Focuses on market relevance and competitive advantage.Establishes market position defining target clients, offering differentiation.Drives decisions specific to market pricing and delivery costs, evaluatesongoing offering business performance.
Our focus is to provide industry-leading data-drivenorganization solutions that will maximize the collective value-add for HPE forour customers. You enjoy spending time in the market to understand what opportunitiesexist, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Drive Empower solutions, strategy, and roadmap prioritized based on using market, competitive, and customer insights.
- Work with HPE and partner (i.e. SI and ISV) functional groups – e.g. GBU product managers, engineers, technology consultants, and marketing leads – to deliver solutions that amplify the value of HPE in address real business needs for our customers.
- Communicate solution roadmap and features to internal stakeholders and external prospects, customers, and analysts.
- Determine key business and functional requirements. Develop business plans and investment proposals to increase growth and improve competitive position.
- Make tough prioritization choices and find creative solutions to hard problems.
- Lead and develop portfolio planning over entire lifecycle.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of solution technical assets (e.g. RA, and solution blueprint)
- Develop collateral and documentation supporting sales, solutioning, and delivery.
- Work with and influence third parties to enhance solutions.
- Represent Hewlett Packard Enterprise as a domain and solution expert at customer meetings, industry and corporate events, online in customer communities and through social networking.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to peers and lower level employees.
- Lead cross organizational activities that have significant impact on WW growth of the Empower business.
- Establish as subject matter expert, internally and externally, by applying advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and potential solutions.
- Frequently contribute to the development of new service ideas.
Exercises significant independent judgment withinbroadly defined policies and practices to determine best method foraccomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical/ /Business/ Marketing (Computer Science, Information Science, and Engineering)
- Post graduate degree in complementary disciplines is a definite asset
- 3-5 years of experience in solution and product management, ideally involving Infrastructure, Software, Services combination
- 3-5 years of proven experience in leading, driving and measuring virtual teams towards a common goals
- Expertise in industry and technology trends including but not limited to high-performance computing, big data, mission critical solutions, in-memory computing, internet of things, analytics and data management
- Strong business partner cross functionally
- Excellent presentation skills. Highly developed negotiation/ influencing skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including senior management
- Stakeholder Negotiation & Commitment Building
- Collaborates effectively with others to ensure shared commitment to an enterprise and mutually beneficial results
- Problem Solving in a rational manner using sound strategies and comprehension
- Solution development and management: 3 years
- Data and analytics domain expertise: 3-5 Years
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top