Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
HPE APJ Innovation Center Singapore focuses on providing customers with world class products and solutions in the big data analytics space, using state-of-the-art big data technologies and advanced analytics techniques. We are looking for a data scientist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a data scientist to work in a startup like fast paced entrepreneurial environment while enjoying the benefits of working for a well-established multinational company.
- Work with and alongside stakeholders to model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and impactful on critical business processes and/or decisions
- Identify what data is available and relevant for problem solving
- Design and develop innovative and effective approaches to solve clients' analytics problems
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and external partners regarding analysis results, methodologies, project progress, and issue resolution
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced team members
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 2 years' experience in data analysis/machine learning/deep learning
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of machine learning/data mining algorithms and techniques
- Solid knowledge of big data processing framework and tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, Scala, R
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis results to customers and negotiate options at management levels
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top