HPE Enterprise Services is leading the charge in delivering the “New Style of IT” and HPE is investing in Canada. With the introduction of a Regional Delivery Centre in Winnipeg HP has confirmed that Winnipeg will be the Regional delivery Centre for Canada. As a member of a quickly growing team one of the first hires into the Centre you will be involved in shaping the Data Engineering offerings within the Centre. If you are serious about continuing to develop your skills in Information Systems as a senior member of a support team then this is the assignment for you.
The Winnipeg RDC is a partnership of the core practices/disciplines of applications development, applications maintenance, data engineering and business intelligence. The RDC is led by Applications Delivery Services and is the primary practice providing applications development and applications maintenance staff in Canada.
Help us grow and mature so that our success and your success grow together as you embark on an exciting new career.
- As a Data Engineer the successful candidate will be responsible for the data quality and integrity and will be involved in all stages of the database development lifecycle as well as production support. Responsibilities may include:
- Assist the Business Analysts with all the information/feedback necessary, to ensure the business requirements and the data requirements are aligned
- Data modeling: build and maintain the physical and logical models, based on the business requirements
- New development and the support of the development team through all phases of the lifecycle.
- Create and Maintain Schemas, Tables, Views, Indices, Sequences, Constraints, and Referential integrity
- Create and maintain synonyms and permissions
- Create ETLs (extract, transform, load scripts)
- Demonstrated experience in participating in a SQL Server project development environment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and supporting SQL Server production environments
- Problem analysis and issue resolution for the various database environments
- Fix productive problems with SP modifications and data corrections when needed
- Perform various applications extracts for the Client
- Update applications data upon Client requests
- Participates in or leads a Data Engineering Team supporting one or more application projects
- Collaborates with the Application Project manager to estimate, plan and manage the DE activities and deliverables.
- Understands existing and new business requirements and makes recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate
- Maintain currency in database, data management, and industry trends through research/education/self-motivated training and personal development
- Mentors and educates colleagues with respect to database design and implementation practices
- Build/upgrade and tune MS SQL Server databases databases
- Effectively manage and monitor all aspects of RDBMS environment.
- Follow and contribute to organization best practices
- Ideally the candidate should hold a minimum of ITIL foundation certification.
- Ideally the candidate should be certified in multiple data base environments. At a minimum the candidate must demonstrate expertise within the MS SQL Server data base environment and have an established training plan.
- Demonstrated experience with at least one Business Intelligence tool.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Erwin or a like data modelling tool
- Demonstrated familiarity with database schemas and the tooling that allows for schema comparisons and performance tuning.
- Demonstrated experience working in both an application development and applications maintenance environments.
- Demonstrated experience supporting applications contained within JAVA or .NET environments.
- Demonstrated experience supporting development and maintenance efforts of both mobile and web applications.
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience – minimum of five years of experience, Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities in Winnipeg. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top