Data Center Design Engineer
Data Center Engineer
JOB OPENING IS LOCATED IN Annapolis Junction, MD
We are seeking a Mechanical, Electrical, BMS or SCADA Engineer to review third party design modifications and improvements to building systems and components for data centers and mission critical facilities. The selected candidate will assure conformance to the intent of the client’s facilities and campus infrastructure improvement programs, industry design standards, and applicable codes.
In this capacity, you will perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, and make recommendations to increase energy efficiencies, help resolve technical issues, and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects. You may interface with technical peers, clients, third-party design professionals, construction contractors, and other stakeholders.
Keys to your success will be your expertise in building engineering and/or building automation systems; background in testing, data center or facility modernization experiences; and engineering energy efficiency, security and sustainability to the building systems.
Travel is typically scheduled in advance and travel can be two days to two weeks, depending on the size of the campus or if there are multiple buildings within the campus. Must be comfortable performing client presentations and site walk-downs on site, and working within classified databases.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline
- PE License in at least 1 US state (MD prefered)
- 5 – 15 years of engineering experience with large projects and building systems. Prefer experience in design and construction.
- Knowledge of design components and track record of selecting energy and cost efficient building systems and equipment for secure facilities
- Can plan and execute multiple technical tasks concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and prior experience in a consultative role like this with a government client, preferred.
- Proven track record of supervising deliverables on scopes of work throughout all stages of the work.
- LEED accreditation or ability to acquire
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. TS/SCI/Full Poly Required.
JOB OPENING IS LOCATED IN ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, MARYLAND
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top