Data Center Administration Engineer
Data Center Administration Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Our service excellence, with consistent globally delivered standardized services guarantees clients peace of mind, while our ability to drive innovation ensures clients a compelling strategy for the future. Now we are looking for Data Center Administration Engineer to join our dynamic and highly professional Operational Support Service (OSS) team.
Operational Support Service (OSS) team is a building block of HPE datacenter care portfolio and provides infrastructure monitoring and system administrative tasks for enterprise customers. The key deliverables are provided 24x7 remotely from IT Operation Centers (ITOC) following ITIL governance model.
- Deliver 24/7 strategic account support by proactively monitoring, operating and administrating customer IT Environment to ensure proper operation and availability
- Control and administer hardware and operating system configurations
- Supervise all customer solutions in scope
- Provide leadership in technical incident and problem management and in their resolution, working closely with end customers and HPE remote and field support staff
- Develop action plans to investigate and resolve complex issues/problems and clearly communicate these to engineers, customers and/or relevant managers
- Act as a consultant in the service delivery
- Be an active member of the Data Center Account Team
- Support service transitioning, customer service tooling and design
- Identify and contribute to projects to improve product support, customer satisfaction and team efficiency
- Contribute to the improvement of team performance
- Communicate effectively with Technical and Non-Technical stakeholders
- Participate/Drive ITIL based change management, problem management, incident management
- Develop and grow assigned customer account relationships
Education and experience required:
- Solid experience in Firewall and Networking – CISCO and HPE technologies
- Ability to isolate and solve complex technical/business problems with the ability to interact with people (customer and internal HPE) at all levels, across a geographic regions.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal English or German language
- System Administrator experience (UNIX, HPUX, Windows, or Linux) or expertise in one of the following area will be considered as strong advantage:
- Storage and back up
- Server support
- IT Service Management (ITIL) experience
- Experience in IT Outsourcing and Managed Services
We offer a challenging role including:
- Continuous technical training and certification opportunities
- Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field
- Flexible working time
- Part of a team that has established itself as a preferred partner for Hi-tech Services & Support throughout EMEA
- Competitive remuneration package
- Medical insurance
- 4 days additional paid leave (total: 24 days)
- Food vouchers
- Opportunity to use free HPE parking
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- HPE badge program including various discounts for products and services
- Work-life balance program including free legal, financial and psychological consultation
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Please, submit your application in English.
This is to inform you that Hewlett Packard Enterprise GDBC EOOD (HPE) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HPE takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HPE may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HPE. HPE can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top