Data Base Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
- Apply growing technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with limited risk/complexity. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Incident Management: Resolve routine in-scope technical incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve more complex incidents.
- Change Management/ Implementation: Independently implement changes/solutions to meet customer and/or trade/the company Information Technology infrastructure needs within area of technical responsibility.
- Patch and Security Management: Apply patch and security changes per policy.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Understand the company solutions set and be able to apply these solutions to meet customer and/or trade infrastructure needs within area of responsibility.
- Quality: Provide continual improvement recommendations for direct responsibility area (process improvement, technical standard updates, etc).
- Project Management: Participate in customer and internal projects, including transformation.
- Customer Relationship Management: Set expectations with customers and/or internal businesses/end users within defined parameters.
- Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual and/or global. Typically advises or sets direction for:
- Single customer/small group of similar customers
- Country or subregion
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold entry-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 0-2 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree, or 2 years of relevant experience with 2 year post-high school degree.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
- (developing) understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- (developing) General understanding of related technologies
- (developing) Customer Service
- (developing) Project Management
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top