Cybersecurity Design and Engineering Professional, PKI
Cybersecurity Design and Engineering Professional, PKI
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Engineering Specialist III, PKI and Credentialing, applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Acts in a service delivery capacity providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process while delivering status reporting and metrics to leadership. Ability to handle most unique situations. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify, select, and drive delivery of a solution. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues. Must possess a technical capability to develop and oversee all delivery functions including logistics, systems engineering, service delivery, interactions and escalations, software applications and data base administration.
- Track, report, and manage progress on tasks against WBS and Gantt Charts
- Modifies and delivers company and legacy cybersecurity system architecture and infrastructures based on client security needs, industry requirements, and an understanding of security technology, architecture, infrastructure and engineering
- Develops and enhances the cybersecurity of a client's or company's technology solution architecture and infrastructure
- Operates as a delivery team leader on cybersecurity teams and drives implementation of methods to improve the security solution
- Applies extensive knowledge of the client's business and industry to gather and develop cybersecurity requirements specifications, designs and implementation plans
- Uses the output of system architects to design and build a secure infrastructure
- Drives the testing of cybersecurity solutions to ensure performance and quality
- Bachelors' degree in information security, systems engineering, security management or related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Cyber or Information Security development, implementation and compliance and service delivery. Professional certifications desired.
Knowledge in the following areas highly desirable:
- Service delivery and Project management skills
- Leverages Project Management ideology to realize secure, highly available information systems and technical solutions
- Cyber and IT security knowledge
- Understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures
- Secure system architecture, cloud technology, PKI, infrastructure design and development skills
- HA system and Linux skills
- Skills in relevant program/scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, PERL, Python
- Understanding of security standards and best practices
- Risk assessment and management skills
- Understanding of networking and network security
- Knowledge of relevant security tools and products
- Awareness and/or experience in implementing ISO 27001, 27002
- Understands project management methods
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office package - Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, etc
- Ability to communicate in cross-cultural settings and possess excellent communications skills at all levels of management.
- Able to function independently, under pressure and perform multiple functions and duties with no supervision or guidance.
- Must successfully pass both an HPE Pre-employment Background Check and an HPE Personnel Assurance Program Special Background Check.
- Satisfactory completion and implementation of tasked requirements.
- Effective management of time and resources in a dynamic, multi-functional environment.
- Active and contributing member of multi-functional Global Cyber Security Team.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of all required reports and documentation.
- Provide key contributions to the improvement of the global cyber security posture
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top