Cybersecurity Design and Engineering Professional, PKI
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Engineering Expert IV, PKI and Credentialing, applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross- functional initiatives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Modifies and delivers company and legacy cybersecurity system architecture and infrastructures based on client security needs, industry requirements, and an understanding of security technology, architecture, infrastructure and engineering
- Develops and enhances the cybersecurity of a client’s or company’s technology solution architecture and infrastructure
- Operates as a key delivery team member on cybersecurity teams and advises on methods to improve the security solution
- Applies extensive knowledge of the client’s business and industry to gather and develop cybersecurity requirements specification
- Uses the output of system architects to design and build a secure infrastructre
- Tests cybersecurity solutions to ensure performance and quality
Bachelors’ degree in information security, systems engineering, security management or related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Cyber or Information Security development, implementation and compliance. Professional certifications desired.
Advanced knowledge in the following areas highly desirable:
- Cyber and IT security knowledge
- Understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures
- Secure system architecture, PKI, infrastructure design and development skills
- Understanding of SMIME certificates
- Understanding of Windows Crypto Stack
- Understanding of Asymmetric Encryption
- Understanding of security standards and best practices
Specific skill requirements:
- PKI services– support of certificates for user, server, and application
- Active Directory Certificate Services on Windows Server 2012R2
- MPKI v.7.5
- RHEL v5, v6 and v7 System Administration
- Bash, Powershell
- AAA Radius
- Java Keystores
- Trouble shooting SSL Certificate issues
Additional abilities in the following:
- Understanding of networking and network security
- Knowledge of relevant security tools and products
- Awareness and/or experience in implementing ISO 27001, 27002
- Risk assessment and management
- Project management
- Excellent communications skills at all levels of management.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office package – Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, etc
- Able to function independently, under pressure and perform multiple functions and duties with no supervision or guidance.
- Must successfully pass both an HPE Pre-employment Background Check and an HPE Personnel Assurance Program Special Background Check.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top