Customer Project Program Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
1. Manages customer project delivery
- Revenue as detailed in Impact section
- Small to medium /straightforward/ local scope
- Low risk
- Straightforward legal and commercial issues
2. Manages project financials including P&L
- Meets or exceeds Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) approved budgets
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to company Services management
3. Manages business development
- Identifies and develops new opportunities on current project
- Supports qualification and opportunity assessment for small straightforward opportunities
- Acts as opportunity manager for low risk deals
4. Manages client relationships
- Manages first level to midlevel client delivery relationships
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients
5. Manages project team
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size less than 7 people
- Encourages skill development of project team members
- Provides performance feedback for team members Delivery or opportunity management with impact on company Services revenue generally less than $500K or transition/ transformation for less than $50M.
Leads customer engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing customer projects. Manages corporate, customer and third party vendor efforts to plan, sell, and implement solutions to customer problems. Responsible for business, as well as, team management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Convert scope to Project Plan/Schedule managing requirements and deliverables to meet or exceed time and budget.
- Create and lead Project Plan/Schedule
- Identify and manage risk and issues
- Manage across multiple disciplines and management levels
- Provide innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive issues affecting multiple disciplines and work groups.
- Determine and pursue courses of action essential in accomplishing objectives.
- Serve as organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs.
- Integrate advanced project management technology, theories, or techniques that have a significant continued impact across disciplines and business units.
- Champion large projects that effect the company’s long-range goals and objectives.
Education and Experience Required:
First Level University degree 3 years experience in project management or in like roles/businesses
- 3 years of experience in project management or in like roles/businesses.
- In-depth and comprehensive understanding of the critical business success factors.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of key Services’ operational policies, processes, and methodologies applicable to project management.
- PMP Certification or CPMP a plus.
- Experience managing 3rd Parties
- Experience managing 3 to 5 software/application development projects simultaneously preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Project (or like tool) for managing projects required. PPM experience preferred.
- Extensive understanding of critical project management techniques
- Experience managing Change and Change Management
- Experience managing Healthcare and/or state government projects is a plus
- First Level University degree required. Advanced University degree preferred.
Shift: Standard – may work nights and weekends
Onsite in Roseville, CA
Onsite interview will be required
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top