Credit / collections Analyst III
CREDIT / COLLECTIONS ANALYST III
Ensures that the company converts revenue to cash by determining appropriate credit levels and collecting accounts receivable. Manages credit and collection processes, ensures compliance with company policy and legal requirements, assures process quality, and provides training and support. Analyzes customer´s financial condition to determine credit limit and risk rating. Maintains on-going relationships with high-value customers and sales organizations. Monitors e- commerce systems and credit card transactions to detect fraud. Ensures payments are collected in a timely manner and resolves issues and disputes that prevent customer payment.
- Uses financial statements to independently determine the financial condition of customers and decides credit limit recommendations for medium monetary value customers.
- Manages accounts of customers with medium credit limits independently.
- Resolves credit issues independently.
- Presents credit recommendations to management.
- Negotiates down payments with customers of and the company sales staff to allow customer to purchase above their credit limit.
- Analyzes and researches customer's receivables account delinquency and determines the type of communication method to facilitate payment.
- Resolves disputes related to customer payment on delinquent accounts and negotiates and ensures payment from customer.
- Recognizes trends for non- payment and resolves the issues by engaging internal partners at all levels.
- Initiates the dispute resolution process with internal company partners and follows issue and ensures resolution for the company and customer.
- Analyzes at-risk customers and partners and recommends account strategies to prevent delinquencies.
- May train new team members.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; MBA preferred.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in credit internally or in banking; or in collection.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Developed accounting knowledge.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Developed prioritization skills.
- Solid understanding of risk mitigation tools.
- Basic relationship building skills.
- Basic influence skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Basic leadership skills.
- Advanced understanding of collection processes, financial principles and channel partners.
- Advanced understanding of the company's dispute management process.
- Strong understanding of collection processes and financial concepts.
- Strong understanding of customer's internal payment processes.
- Strong influence skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top