Credit and Collections Analyst
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
- Uses financial statements to independently determine the financial condition of customers and decides credit limit recommendations for medium monetary value customers.
- Manages accounts of customers with medium credit limits independently.
- Resolves credit issues independently
- Presents credit recommendations to management.
- Negotiates down payments with customers of and company sales staff to allow customer to purchase above their credit limit.
- Analyzes and researches customer’s receivables account delinquency and determines the type of communication method to facilitate payment.
- Resolves disputes related to customer payment on delinquent accounts and negotiates and ensures payment from customer.
- Recognizes trends for nonpayment and resolves the issues by engaging internal partners at all levels.
- Initiates the dispute resolution process with internal company partners and follows issue and ensures resolution for the company and customer.
- Analyzes at-risk customers and partners and recommends account strategies to prevent delinquencies.
- May train new team members.
- Impacts external on-going customers.
- Ability to influence high value of credit grants or collections.
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 5 years of experience in a finance function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business.
- Typically 2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior ability to provide finance consultation to senior managers within a broad scope.
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior project management and prioritization skills.
- Superior people management skills, including managing senior teams across geographies.
- Excellent ability to build executive level partnerships across functions and businesses.
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent leadership and staff development skills.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top