The Commercial Credit Analyst role within Hewlett Packard Enterprise Financial Services (HPEFS) supports the rapidly growing Channel segment. The Analyst is responsible for underwriting applicants in the challenging SMB market business segment who desire to procure and lease HPE and/or HP equipment and services. Applicants are a mix of both private and public businesses. Deal sizes within the small ticket segment can range most typically from $10,000 to $350,000. The Analyst will also be responsible for reviewing prospective new HP resellers who desire to originate lease opportunities through HPEFS. Critical to success in this role is the ability to partner and collaborate with sales associates.
The Analyst will be responsible for learning vendor and lessee fraud red flags and acting quickly to address potential fraud.
- Render credit decisions on commercial credit Applicants who are not auto-approved by HPEFS' automated credit scoring system.
- Credit Analysts within the small ticket segment render credit decisions most typically based solely upon commercial credit bureau reviews. Occasionally an Analyst will be required to speak directly with the Applicant and/or obtain bank references.
- Review reseller applications for approval.
- Identify and act upon reseller and/or lessee fraud red flags.
- Basic understanding of commercial credit bureau reports (primarily D&B).
- High level understanding of commercial financial statement analysis.
- The successful candidate must possess the attributes of a decision maker.
- Ability to work independently within a fast paced environment; works well under pressure.
- Comfortable engaging and working closely with in-house and field sales representatives, working with strong, assertive personalities.
- Steadfast with credit analysis and decisions.
- Driven, pro-active, and motivated to learn and advance skill set.
- Confident & outgoing, able to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams, i.e., sales, finance, leasing and credit.
- Bachelor's degree in business accounting, finance, or economics
- Equipment Leasing a plus
- Commercial Banking/Lending
- Commercial Trade Credit
- 1 year of experience in commercial credit analysis
- Experience with "soft asset" financing/leasing
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top