Country Director for Technology Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
Country Director for Technology Services
- Sales coverage – Builds well-targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve margin; collaborates within the company and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources
- Account Planning – Assists in planning sales strategy; Manages the internal processes in support of sales reps and selling activities; Aligns tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; Actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet revenue goals/quotas; Develops robust, comprehensive plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, Forecasting accurately and communicating sales progress; Actively manages and signs off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates
- Pipeline management – Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; Manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; Analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios
- Deal management – Critically assesses deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by the company back-end operations; Monitors the number of deals with TAS plan reviewed by managers
- Business acumen – Exhibits authoritative business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; Continuously monitors and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with company’s business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance
- Strategic sales planning & implementation – Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect the company’s business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy – Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer’s buying decisions
- Coaching & Performance Management – Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; Counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; Manages performance and results of high and low performers
- Leadership – Models effective selling skills; Motivates and supports sales teams in selling; Demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals
- People development – Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain the company sales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force
- Change management – Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control
- Focus on strategic direction – Understands the overall company/TSG strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs
- C-level partnering – Contributes to enduring executive relationships at the highest levels of the client’s organization; Personally interacts with executives; establishes professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in support of other established relationships with the client
- Consultative selling – Strategizes and coaches team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for the company; Prepares for client calls in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; Ensures sales teams have access to other resources of the company and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision makers
- Industry and client knowledge – Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; Maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map the company capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- May also manage other functions in addition to Sales
- May own full P&L or contribution margin for a country or defined area within a country
- Assists in the recruiting, training and development of Sales Representatives
- Participates in investment decisions in pricing and resources
- Typically manages a group of 8-10 direct reports, of which 3-6 are first level managers; Total sales headcount of 20-50
About the candidate
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; Advanced or Master’s degree preferred
- Typically 8 to 12 or more years of experience in Sales
- 5 or more years of Management experience
- Has directly related Management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other Sales-related goals
- Demonstrated high level of project management skills
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strategic Planning – Translates business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect the requirements and opportunities within area-of-control.
- Execution – Actively manages business plans to meet revenue goals/quotes
- Forecast/Budget Control – Tracks and manages rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups
- Pipeline Management – Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near- and long-term opportunities
- Operations Building/Improvement – Continuously monitors, troubleshoots and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with the company’s business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated sales force
- Resource Brokering/Allocation – Collaborates across the company within the field to access, facilitate and direct the use of resources needed for effective selling
- Sales Facilitation – Applies influence and organizational savvy to advances sales opportunities externally, with clients, and internally within the company
- Strategic Account Leadership – Actively drives key enterprise and strategic account activities – promotes vision and models executive relationship building practices to build enduring partnerships and account share/penetration for the company
- Supervision – Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence
- Coaching – Personally develops employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence.
- Skill Development/Enhancement – Sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force
- Workforce Planning – Actively monitors, identifies and addresses sales and resource capability gaps within area-of-control.
- Career Planning and Development – Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain company sales force excellence within area-of-control
- Vertical Industry Acumen – Develops and exercises a deep understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a basis for informed business decision making
- Solution Selling – Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that company products and services accurately address the customer/client’s true business need in terms of type, scope, level
- Change Management – Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
- Leadership – Able to lead effectively in a complex and political environment, and deliver results
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top