Controller Manager (Japan & Korea)※㈱日本エンタープライズサービスにて採用
Enterprise Services (“ES”) business has just became an independent company from Hewlett Packard Enterprise in Japan.
New company’s name is “Nihon Enterprise service”.
And, after 1 April 2017, new company and CSC that is creating a global IT services powerhouse will merge as new IT service company.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors, supervisors, and Manager I that typically support a large and complex business unit or finance function.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Leads complex financial analysis for a global business or finance function, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business.
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, product analysis and development, balancing risk, approving significant deals, etc.)
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Standards of Business Conduct (SBC), Accounting Financial Manual (AFM).
- Manages external vendors (e.g., auditors).
- Provides leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
- Ability to influence an entire business within a broad scope.
- Typically leads large and complex business or finance process initiatives.
The Country Controller will help:
- Ensure integrity of the accounting books and records in accordance with US/Local GAAP and HP AFMs, and ensure a strong system of internal controls over the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations, HP policies and procedures, and HP’s standards of business conduct through strong oversight and active engagement on the country’s leadership team.
- Ensure effective governance of the country organization, including integration of new entities acquired by HP.
- Liaise with local government agencies on tax incentives/government funding awarded to HP and associated investment commitments, where applicable
- Assist with converting management flash into legal entity view
- Prepare the local legal forecast
- Support pan-HP performance reporting when required (e.g., country reviews)
- Support compliance programs and projects
- Fulfill E&Y, internal audit and external tax audit requirements
- Perform tax accounting inputs: Pre-tax earnings forecast & ROVAC planning
In addition as a member of the Country Leadership Team:
- Manage the Accounting & Compliance team in the sub-region/country.
- Proactively identify and mitigate business and financial risks in country.
- Own BCP for Controllership in the country
- Provide proactive leadership to address any “white spaces” that may arise in country.
- Participate and support the local Country leadership.
- Serve as country statutory director and region / country SBC liaison, as applicable
- Play the role of Finance site leader (when applicable).
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree
accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10 years of experience in a finance function.
- Typically 5 years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries.
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong understanding of the company•s policies and processes.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top