Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities fortechnology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments andsociety. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and ITinfrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries onsix continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions thatdrive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of ourclients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships areamong the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part ofour HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you willhave many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignmentopportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate yourlearning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring“program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across ourmulti-generation workforce.
HPE’s Legal division applies legal knowledge tocomplex business transactions. Our mission is to contribute to HPE’s success byproviding proactive, practical and timely legal advice and contractual supportto enable our clients to achieve profitable growth and customer satisfaction.An integral part of HPE, we work in areas such as Intellectual Property,Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation toname but a few.
- Manages responses to standard and non-standardcontractual requests, evaluating alternative agreements and assessing keyrisks; works in concert with senior team members and management in draftingresponses and
negotiating with customers.
- Manages planning process for prioritizing dealsupport in working with senior sales and business leaders, and implements thecompany legal strategy to focus on high value activities.
- Aligns activities and key initiatives withoverall priorities of the company legal function.
- Builds strong relationships and networks withthe company legal colleagues, business owners, sales personnel, supportfunctions, as well as with customers to facilitate effective escalations andefficient deal closures.
- Acts as a key resource to assigned businessteams.
- Leads non-standard, medium risk, customer facingcontract negotiation, closure, and dispute resolution for multiple sales orbusiness groups within a country.
- Impacts internal and external clients based inthe country, potentially with international presence.
Education and ExperienceRequired
- LL.B/JD/LawDegree required.
- Typically 5-7 years of customer facing contracts, negotiation, orequivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of key laws, policies, processes, and practicesapplicable to closing non-standard contracts.
- Developed understanding of the company products, service offerings, andcapabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of key business and contractual risks.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close multi-business unit deals
- Ability to influence different functions and build consensus where lines ofauthority are clear, both inside and outside the company.
- Capable of presenting or escalating issues effectively to local sales andbusiness management..
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first : We believe in the power of collaboration – building longterm relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action : We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart : We are driven to innovate – creating both practical andbreakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary andshared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s mostattractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities,work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international workenvironment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, ordirectly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find uson:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top