Configuration Management - Release Manager (Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer.
The Configuration Management Specialist’s primary focus will be on configuration management activities within the customer environment.
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations. 5-8 years’ experience providing configuration management support at the program level throughout a product’s life cycle (initial software development and support after customer acceptance). Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Interprets configuration management activities and tools as defined for the account and applies them to project activities.
- Works with the project manager to develop configuration management plans, milestones, and schedules for projects. Revises and assists in implementing new strategies as appropriate.
- Decomposes configuration items into appropriate configuration units for the specific projects or tasks.
- Identifies problem issues and recommends solutions as appropriate. Establishes approach for resolving discrepancies to ensure requirements are met.
- Ensures version control integrity for software and non-software components by reviewing account requirements.
- Audits projects according to the configuration management plans. Ensures baselines are established and approved by the appropriate control board.
- Develops initial technical installation guidelines and other documentation of hardware and software standards to facilitate tracking.
- Provides configuration management planning. Assists customers and support personnel in understanding product configuration.
- Provide Monthly Status Report and Documentation of the CM process and/or CM Plan (CMP).
- Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
- Assesses change control implementation.
- Support Functional Configuration Audit (FCA) and Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) for each configuration item (CI).
- Prepares configuration documentations and maintain Document library IAW with DoD and local polices.
- Maintains data quality, integrity and security of CM document library.
- Provides support to project teams in configuring and base-lining project items.
- Reviews, develops and recommends improvements to existing CM processes.
- Schedules audits on CM document library and assist in implementing audit recommendations.
- Assists in management, maintenance and automating of CM tools.
- Analyzes configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions.
- Develops and maintains account/region standards and procedures to ensure that configuration management controls are capable of supporting deployment activities and implementations to meet business needs.
- Identifies issues, recommends revisions and escalates as appropriate.
- Develops and produces mechanically based standard working and detail assembly drawings, using CAD system.
- Coordinates with the Configuration Manager or Systems Engineer, as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5-8 or more years of configuration management experience
- Experience working with distributed computer systems, software and associated communication networks
- Experience working with networking principles and local area networks
- Experience working with software and hardware products
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
- Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technological problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration Management as well as knowledge of IT service management process
- Experience developing and producing mechanically based standard working and detail assembly drawings, using CAD system.
- Experience with BMC Atrium, BMC AR System, and BMC Remedy ITSM 7.6 or later or a similar industry solution
- Familiar with any of the following: discovery products including Microsoft SCCM, BMC Software Asset Management; reconciliation of discovery data in BMC CMDB environment; and integration of discovery solutions with CMDB or a similar industry solution
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (i.e.: Crystal Reports, BIRT, or a similar industry solution) relational databases
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills and a proving understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top