Communications & Media Solutions Project Manager
Communications & Media Solutions Project Manager
ABOUT Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE CMS (Communications & Media Solutions) is the worldwide HPE entity dedicated to the Telecom & Media industry.
CMS business is a strategic declaration by HPE of the importance of industry specific, services and software rich solutions. The organization is built around our capabilities in four solution domains – Application and Cloud Enablement, Actionable Customer Intelligence, Operations Support Systems, Media & Entertainment. This is a fully aligned functional organization with a solutions business model, built on a mix of consulting & integration services combined with software IP.
A CMS Project Manager manages bids for new CMS business and manages the delivery of CMS products, solutions and services to HPE customers.
A specialist Project Manager is regarded as a subject matter expert and is expected to:
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within broadly defined policies and guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Leads and / or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Be PMP certified.
His/her responsibilities include:
- Supporting early qualification and opportunity assessment for large and moderately complex opportunities.
- Acting as an opportunity / bid manager or delivery Project Manager for opportunities / projects with aggressive but achievable client deadlines.
- Working on very large or complex opportunities / projects which are high risk and for customers who may be in multiple regions.
- Managing projects, usually with a services revenue up to $10M. Taking responsibility for managing project financials and P&L, providing reliable financial forecasts to management
- Working on opportunities / projects which have high complexity legal and commercial issues.
- Managing business development and identifying and developing new opportunities within ongoing projects.
- Managing project teams consisting of both internal and external resources with a team size of less than 40 people. Mentoring and encouraging skills development within the team and providing detailed performance review input and development observations for team members.
- Managing client relationships associated with opportunities / projects at an upper level within the customer organisation.
- Frequently representing HPE CMS to external customers/clients.
The project manager will work closely with business leads, domain leads, sales and technical teams to prepare statements of work for cost-effective customer solutions and to deliver those solutions to customers.
Key skills and attributes
- Excellent verbal and written English language communications skills
- Excellent communication- and negotiating skills.
- Ability for conflict- and risk management.
- Sense of responsibility, confidence and high motivation.
- Excellent customer facing skills, integrity and confidence with good presentation skills; ability to gain trust of clients and act in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Demonstrates ownership and assumes responsibility to drive resolution of issues.
- Excellent teaming skills: communication, coordination, responsibility, attention to detail, adaptability, initiative, positive influence
- Willingness to win, Political Savvy, Holistic view,
- Ability to cope with very high peak workloads, short deadlines and significant pressure
Education & experience
- A First level University degree.
- Minimum seven years' Perennial professional experience in IT-project management with verifiable success in large projects.
- Prince2 / PMP certification.
- Experience in working with customers in both presales and delivery
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top