Commercial Contract Manager - Mexico
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Commercial Contract Managers advise on day to day contract governance and contract management; assist the account team to grow the account and maintain strong customer relationships; implement and enforce contract terms and procedures. Position affords an opportunity to develop complex IT outsourcing skills and to learn the HPES business, and affords growth opportunities within HPES. HPES provides IT outsourcing services, applications management services and business process outsourcing services.
Provide expertise in support of HP Enterprise Services existing large, complex, IT services accounts, specifically IT outsourcing, business process outsourcing, applications development and maintenance relationships. For assigned accounts:
- Advise account and ES legal leadership on contract governance, compliance, changes, growth, disputes, transition and transformation.
- Self-start and independently establish direct working relationship with senior HP account leaders and sales teams.
- Ability to understand both strategic and operational goals and translate them into effective contracting practices.
- Actively participate in account growth, assisting sales Leads with proposals, ensuring alignment with existing contract, and, maximizing benefit from new business.
- Proactively assess critical contract obligations and contract provisions, gaps and risk areas.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contract documents such as Amendments, Statements of Work and MSA Exhibits/Schedules.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation for HPES by seeking process improvements and networking effectively to share subject matter expertise and exerting influence across a broad cross-section of the organization.
Education and Experience
- 9 years directly related experience in outsourcing.
- Advanced Degree or a Bachelor’s degree & equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of global negotiation and contracting issues, regulations and terms and conditions.
- Successfully supported at least 3-5 large Regional or Global IT services contracts or M&A deals.
- Experience implementing strategic contract management tools and processes with large clients and internal teams.
- Business and customer oriented team player with ability to form alliances globally.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to handle and manage high volume of work, short deadlines and complex governance.
Knowledge and Skills
- Contract Management and negotiation breadth of knowledge.
- Mastery in business writing, contract drafting, negotiating and advising internal clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, facilitation, networking and influence skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio containing multiple accounts/deals.
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work well with internal (e.g., account executive) clients and external customers.
- Outsourcing industry knowledge and the ability to translate business requirements into contractual solutions.
- Advanced understanding of commercial terms, including statements of work, pricing structures, payment terms and service levels.
- Proficiency with software tools (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project etc).
- Availability to travel for account-related work (up to 25 % of time).
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top