Cluster Controller - Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines
Leads all accounting, management and statutory reporting requirements as well as financial management responsibilities for HPE entities across Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines. Responsible for a substantial revenue size and a team of Analysts based across all 3 countries.
- Leads complex financial analysis, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best solution for achieving business outcomes.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business.
- Consults and partners closely with country MDs to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, balancing risk etc.)
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages key controls to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., GAAP, Standards of Business Conduct (SBC), and Accounting Financial Manual (AFM).
- Ensure effective governance of each country organization, including integration of new entities acquired by HPE as well as separation of existing entities from HPE
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Provide leadership to as well as closely partner with HPE’s external auditor.
- Liaise with local government agencies on tax incentives/government funding awarded to HPE and associated investment commitments, where applicable.
- Own BCP for Controllership in the Cluster.
- Provide proactive leadership to address any “white spaces” that may arise in the Cluster.
- Serve as country statutory director and Cluster / country SBC liaison, as applicable.
Qualifications & Experience
- First level university degree in Finance, Accounting or related professional qualifications
- CPA or CA equivalent, MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a finance function
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and managing teams
- Strong influencing and engagement skills across all levels of an organization, particularly strong business partnering abilities with senior business stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and exposure to working across functions and countries
- Experience operating in a complex matrix and multinational organizational structure is essential
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top