Cloud System Software Developer
HPE Helion Eucalyptus is looking for a highly motivated, individually driven developer. You will be a member of a small team tasked with implementing infrastructure components for AWS-compatible open-source IaaS platform for on premise and hybrid cloud computing. Majority of development work will be done in C with some Python and Java code exposure but we work with Bash, Perl, and whatever else is necessary to get the job done. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and welcome responsibility and ownership of your code and product.
- Design and implement internal services within Helion Eucalyptus for virtual machines and storage.
- Interact with the architecture, development, documentation, and customer support teams for the full product lifecycle from design to deployment and maintenance.
- Write high quality, testable production code that runs on hundreds to thousands of machines and interacts with Linux networking, virtualization, and storage systems.
Education and Experience -
- Computer Science Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent experience writing production-quality code (5 years)
- Expert knowledge of C, gcc, autoconf, and Make
- Good knowledge of Linux system (file-systems, OS primitives, etc.)
- Experience with GIT or similar version control systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
Desirable Skills -
- Virtualization in Linux – KVM and libvirt is a definite plus
- Networking implementation skills in Linux is a definite plus
- AWS API usage experience is a definite plus
- Axis2/C and Rampart knowledge is a plus
- Experience in distributed, message-based systems is a plus
- Experience with Java, Python and Perl is a plus
- Experience in analyzing, measuring and improving performance, efficiency, scalability, and stability of distributed systems is a plus
- Ceph/Riak CS experience is a plus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top