Cloud Solutions Architect
Cloud Solutions Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
TS Consulting Cloud business in the Middle East has grown rapidly and is expected to continue to grow in 2017 and beyond. The position requires excellent skills in Cloud solution architecture and delivery. This is a challenging role that offers significant opportunity for development and personal growth. The position is office based in Dubai, UAE, HPE Pointnext Professional Services delivery organization.
- Architect custom and complex solutions based on Cloud technologies and related business models.
- Oversee the implementation and governance of architectures of projects or programs
- Collaborate with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Develop for client technically feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans
- Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at CEO/CIO Executives levels for medium to large opportunities
- Contribute to the Solution Architect Profession skillset development in the ME region (i.e. active mentoring for SA roles)
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
Education and Experience Required:
- Industry experience - 7 years to 15 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Real life experience in Cloud project delivery, including the design phase
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong Linux (RedHat, SUSE) knowledge including KVM
- Strong in OpenStack technologies
- Portal knowledge (Horizon, CSA, Scalr)
- IaaS and PaaS technologies with emphasizes on portal and automation tools
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead a team of consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools
- Can validate/evaluate if an information system or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
- Ability to write Statements of Work for medium to large business unit level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top