Cloud Services Architect
Cloud Services Architect
Why Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Aruba HPE is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Services Architect to provide innovative solutions to complex Engineering and Scale problems for Cloud Platform and Services. The candidate will determine and pursue courses of action essential in accomplishing objectives. Integrate advanced technology, theories or techniques that have a significant continued impact across disciplines and business units. Champion large projects that affect the company's long-range goals and objectives. Provide mentoring and guidance to the DevOps Team.
- Develop strategy and design roadmaps for the Cloud Platform Services organization.
- Communicate strategy and design roadmaps to executive staff, industry partners and customers
- Provide leadership to a small but dynamic high performance team of engineers
- Think through hard problems in a cloud environment and drive solutions to reality
- Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
- Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Engage often with customers
- Participate in DevOps implementation/development projects
- DevOps Solutions & tools support (Engineering Level Support)
- Public Cloud cost optimization, tool selection etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 15+ years' experience in Software Design, Development and Production Operations
- Experience in architecture of processes, standards, and techniques to be used for alignment with overall product and quality architecture; history of implementing cross-platform and functional changes and initiatives across business units.
- Ability to effectively communicate process architectures and product formulations, design proposals and negotiate options at the most senior organizational levels.
- Experience leading engineering teams in a technical capacity.
- 10+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- 10+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages ( Python preferred)
- 10+ years' experience architecting and administering Databases (i.e Postgres, MySQL)
- 5+ years' experience with caching technologies (i.e. Memcache, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- 5+ years in a customer facing role.
- An understanding of modern build tools like Jenkins
- Strong Experience with Openstack and Openstack management tools
- Experience with AWS and AWS provided tools (Cloud formation, OpsWorks etc.)
- Experience with monitoring/graphing tools (Sensu, graphite etc.)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
- Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, Couchbase ) big plus
- Experience working with vendors in a combination of the following: Cloud, SaaS, ISP, Managed Hosting and Datacenter space
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in highly complex network setups
- Customer facing experience a plus Excellent business communication and presentation skills.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems
- Experience working with distributed remote teams is a plus
- Interact with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors, VP's, SVP's.
- Drive future design and technology roadmap and influence company direction across multiple business units.
Benefits you'll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top