Cloud Integration Engineer
Responsible for the integration of cloud environments.
Applies Cloud subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Utilize consulting skills including questioning, listening, ideas development, personal rapport and subject matter familiarity to accomplish project tasks. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements, and integrating of Cloud solutions into varied environments.
- Work with other HP divisions (TS/PSO) to create an end-to-end cloud solution that will
- Meet the client requirements.
- Integrate with the ES standard management tools.
- Overview the other teams to ensure proper testing and validation of the solution before it moves to production.
- Maintain the long-term architectural and design knowledge to allow changes to be performed on the solution.
- Perform flow and software modification after the solution has been brought in production.
- Install and upgrade the infrastructure components.
- Promote standardization and automation during integrations.
- Ensure integrations are aligned with engineering repositories (Playbooks, CMR) and Portfolio websites/repositories (What we sell, EG Portfolio portals).
- Ensure that existing integrations/deliverables/templates are leveraged to satisfy new work requests.
- Ensure applicable content standards are met.
- Ensure peer review deliverables are logged.
- Store engineering related collateral in approved configuration management repository.
- Produces/reviews/participates Low Level Designs based on High Level Designs and client requirements.
- Ensure projects and tasks to be performed with the highest quality and according to documentation in predefined timelines.
- Implement cloud environments according to technical plan, cost and timeframe.
- Might also include architect tasks if required by project.
- Customer Satisfaction
Education (degree) and professional experience required:
- Degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or electrical engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in an advanced support role or equivalent.
- Customer facing experience.
- Fluent in English language
Personal skills and qualities:
- Self-motivated individual, able to work independently, in coordination with a team.
- Able to work effectively across technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to translate customer, business and functional requirements.
- Excellent customer, telephone, oral and written communications skills.
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills and working with tough deadlines.
Technical skills (procedures and documents the employee has to be acquainted with):
- Several years of ITO operational and/or engineering experience.
- Good understanding of HP Server hardware (e.g. C7000) and datacenter concepts.
- Good understanding of ES standards (SRA stack).
- Excellent understanding of HP ITSM/ITIL framework and processes.
- Proficient knowledge of HP workflow tools (HPSM, OVSC and OVSD)
- HP-SA knowledge.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, Windows PowerShell, Perl, Linux Shell, SQL scripting, VBScript.
- Active Directory.
- CSA, OO.
- Working knowledge of platforms (Wintel, Linux and Virtualization), networking components (TCP/IP, DNS, and VLAN) and database environments.
- Understanding of storage and backup technologies.
- HP Private Cloud awareness.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top