Cloud Automation Intern
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication.
The Aruba Cloud team is seeking a highly creative, passionate, engineering intern at our Santa Clara headquarters to join a fast-paced, dynamic, environment.
- QA & test automation in a test-driven, production environment
- Driving production-level test infrastructure development, automation
- Developing tooling, services for reporting & monitoring of a production platform
- Creating tools, processes for automation & verification of app deployment
- Troubleshooting & fixing service issues
- Thinking creatively about how to proactively address customer concerns & preventing issues from spiraling
- Working closely with engineers, developing new platform features to make supporting our customers easier / efficient
Skills and Expertise
- Currently pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 2 years (min) experience within a Linux environment, as a SQA, automating test scripts, troubleshooting & installing web-based applications in a production environment
- Strong hands on experience with Ruby, Python or similar scripting language
- Some experience with Chef, Puppet configuration management tools
- Hands on cloud services experience, ideally with AWS
- Version Control experience, i.e. Git
- Writing UNIX Scripts (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.) for automation is a must
- High-volume, high-availability web based application experience
- Background with different internet apps, protocols (i.e. HTTP) & technologies and their support systems
- Some experience with Jenkins (CD / CI) is a big plus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top