Clearpass Technical Sales Specialist
- The HPE Aruba EMEA Technical sales specialist & BDM for ClearPass will be responsible for the sales and help with business planning for Mobile-First networking products in the ClearPass/Security area
- Drive HPE Aruba business with ClearPass and Security as the differentiator
- Understand business drivers and sales strategy for the area
- Have experience working with networking solutions and security / Nac / policymanagement complex solutions sales
- The candidate will drive the GTM plan for how to use ClearPass to differentiate our infrastructure offering and how to use ClearPass as a Trojan horse.
- The candidate will be self driven and able to manage by influence
- Highly motivated to change sales from product to solution sales
- Understand how solutions can be monetized and be able to work with not only IT in companies but also other areas like the security team, guest mgmt., and even Marketing team / CMO
- Understand how ClearPass and other software/tools in the area can be used to drive more infrastructure sales (HPE Aruba mobility products) by differentiating our offering
- Be able to deliver presentations through virtual and face to face presence.
- Works on a smaller number of accounts of greater strategic (long term) value to the company.
- Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer interfaces with all levels – IT, CxO, Marketing
- Responsible for EMEA wide quota
- Drive sales through internal HPE colleagues, Channel partners and direct to end-users. Not all sales will be direct touch so a lot of the job task is to enable others in the sales team and channel to understand how they can drive the message and how they can use it to improve their sales success. The candidate will have to train, coach and motivate others to reach our goals using ClearPass as a differentiator.
- Extensive travel needed
- Fluent in English, presentation level, writing and conversation at all levels.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12 years of related sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the desired specialty.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client’s business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of the customer’s infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer’s requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Excellent project oversight skills.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Successful partner engagement experience. Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
- Understand and sells high value software solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage company’s portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products. Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top