ClearPass Channel Systems Engineer
As a ClearPass Channel SE, the candidate(s) will be responsible for providing technical/functional support to Aruba’s partner sales (pre and post) and partner development activities. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the ClearPass Channel SE will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an Aruba Solution versus our competitors. The candidate(s) will work with Aruba’s Product Team & Aruba’s Channel Managers to develop key Partner’s capabilities and sales capabilities via knowledge transfer, webinars, mentoring, and direct sales support. This include informal training and development of partner SEs, TMs, and other sales (pre and post) related staff, including lunch and learns, technical training, lab assistance, and the like. The Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales ability, and consultative skills with a solid understanding of advanced and emerging technologies with an emphasis on AAA, network and device security technologies and practices, NAC, PKI, Windows and Apple SysAdmin. The Channel SE will support designated strategic and large partner development and sales activities.
The ClearPass Channel SE will proactively support an opportunity pipeline to drive potential opportunities through key partners and help the sales process to closure. The position requires the ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for clients and prospects. Candidates must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and candidates need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a given client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role provides vital, detailed information about how Aruba’s solutions deliver business value to our clients and partners. Being able to not only have these skills themselves, the ClearPass Channel SE must be comfortable and able to develop these skills within the preferred partner’s TM and SE ranks.
The role involves:
- Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- Providing a solution that is the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services to meet the prospect’s needs
- Configuring complex hardware and software solution
- Supporting and driving successful Proof of Concepts (POCs) in support of key partners with target customers and prospects
- Playing a role in the development and support of the bid and proposal (including RFP response), and presenting the solution to the prospect
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts and partners in assigned territory
- Understand Aruba’s overall MOVE Architecture, with a specific focus on ClearPass, and tailor solutions by leveraging the various components
- Serve as one of the key evangelist to the rest of the Aruba SE and sales community for a family of designed products
- Develop, document, and share best practices of network design to be shared with Aruba SE and partner SE community
- Working with vendor partners to help drive business and deliver demand generation event
- Maintain account and partner relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to the client/partner and identify additional opportunities; maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecasts against regional goals
- Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings
- This role will require travel
Location: Anywhere in the West Coast area.
Education or relevant experience:
- 8 plus years experience
- The preferred candidate will have experience with networking infrastructure and security technologies in all arenas.
- Pre-Sales Systems Engineering Experience required
- Typically requires BS/BA or equivalent
- Strong networking experience, with sound understanding of various L2 / L3 protocols
- Strong Network Security experience required including ability to set advanced authentication behaviors/parameters in wired switches and wireless controllers for Aruba and Cisco products.
- Strong understanding and practical experience in AAA and related protocols (RADIUS/TACACS/802.1x)
- Strong experience with PKI
- Strong experience with the following: SAML, OAUTH, SQL, LDAP, Rest-based APIs
- Experience with security solutions that interrogate/manage endpoints (Network Access Control, Malware, Data Leak Prevention as examples) including working knowledge of Windows, Apple Mac, and popular handhelds (Android, Apple based)
- Experience with enterprise identity repositories (Active Directory, LDAP, SQL)
- ACMX, ACMP, CCIE highly desirable and/or preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience required
- Minimum 5 years of infrastructure engineering 3 years experience with successful pre-sales support
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve solutions to complex technical issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to interface to senior levels of an organization is required
- Ability to multitask and work independently, when required, toward stated business goals
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top