Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses,
governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve
more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology
solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
HPE Global Business Center is one of the largest business services centers in Lower Silesia.
Our Center in Wroclaw specializes in advanced services, which main goal is to deliver support in various areas, such as finance and accounting, HR, sales and marketing, data processing and supply chain management for Hewlett Packard Enterprise and our clients.
As a Chief Accountant, you will be a key member of EMEA Region Controllership Team, preparing financial statements and forecasting tax provisions in close collaboration with country team. You will also be responsible for day-to-day queries on companies within your scope, liaising with external partners and auditors.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Medium and complex financial analysis of statutory accounts and conversion from management GAAP to local GAAP
- On-going review of statutory accounts and adjustment bookings
- Preparation of statutory balance sheet reviews and fiscal profit and loss reviews with focus on reconciliation between management and statutory accounting
- Responding to any day-to-day queries on companies in scope
- Liaising with the business owners and finance to clear any errors or omissions
- Liaising with external auditors to investigate and respond to all audit queries
The Statutory Accountant will work on preparation of annual disclosures to the financial statements and will liaise directly with external auditors. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Preparation of month end / year end close under US GAAP and German GAAP (HGB)
- Balance Sheet & P&L Analysis
- Tax Provision Forecast
- Preparation of Tax Returns
- Valuation Model for investments according to German valuation standard IDW S1
- Key contact to German auditors and tax auditors
- MADO activities
Education and Experience:
- MBA in accounting from a renowned German university or equivalent education
- Minimum five years of experience as senior auditor / audit lead under German GAAP, ideally audit experience with international/US based companies. Preferred candidate would come from one of the big four.
- Alternatively several years of experience as chief accountant in a German company or the German entity of an international/US based company with the proven ability to independently prepare the financial statements under HGB
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced in English and German
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- In depth accounting knowledge under HGB and US GAAP, including the two most recent HGB changes (BilMoG and BilRuG)
- In depth knowledge of German tax law
- Knowledge of Valuation Models for investments according to German valuation standard IDW S1
- Profound SAP and MS Office skill
We offer not only a stable job in well renown company but it also provides an attractive working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world. A place where you can develop yourself, work with experts, have some occasions to relax and have some fun as well as to enjoy many activities suitable for our Employees and their lifestyles . Below you will find information about what we have to offer:
- Benefits Available
- Medical package for Employees and their closest family
- Multisport card
- Life insurance package
- Employee Assistance program – help in a difficult life situation
- Free sandwiches and fruit
- Modern offices in the city center
- Work-Life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
- Trainings, opportunity for personal development and advancement within the company
- Recognition programs
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top