Channel Sales Consultant (storage)
Channel Sales Consultant (storage)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a reverse mentoring program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficial relationship with the partner or with a targeted set of resellers, distributors, Systems Integrators (SIs) and/or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue with joint sales efforts. Coordinates all company activities with the partner, including education, marketing, executive briefings, business planning and client engagements. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Educates and updates partners on new company technologies or solutions. May be brought in by partners to sell company brand to end customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for company products, services, and software.
- Transactional and relationship selling within a team of selling professionals; physically visits partner customers at their offices.
- Creates, fills-in and manages company funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Establishes relationship with partner at all organization levels including senior executives.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who are managing small partners on behalf of company.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning.
- Solid understanding of the company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure.
- Solid understanding of many of the company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic relationships with partner decision makers; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops account plans with partner to grow the company's share of the business.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Solid understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top