Job family definition: Partners with R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) Supply Chain groups to successfully introduce new products into world-wide production. Product Engineers interface with R&D, factory process engineering, Test Engineering and reliability engineering to solve product quality or yield problems. Responsible to sustain products through cost reductions seeking yield improvements. Analyzes samples of defective units/sub-assemblies, reports the results to the appropriate design engineering, manufacturing engineering, test engineering and quality engineering team(s) as well as to the manufacturing group or area and/or vendor where the issue occurred, and recommends or implements changes to the product or process as applicable.
- Participates as a member of project team of other product engineers to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality manufacturing solutions for products from new- product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Performs engineering analysis of defective product units or sub- assemblies; consolidates results of customer feedback and manufacturing, test, and quality assurance processes for product.
- Coordinates the activities of internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners in support of the manufacture of assigned subsystems or portions of product.
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to product engineering leader and product team; implements specified changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design and manufacture.
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top