The Category management function defines and manages the product offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. They are responsible to plan the business objective for a specific portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on going adjustments of the product related decisions. Acts as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). Communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. Defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. Sales compensated role. Quota is an overlay. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Participates in business planning with manager.
- Works with and leverages internal partners to deliver the business results.
- May interface with any level in sales organization.
- Product line and quota responsibility limited to a low complexity/low impact part of the business.
- Functional responsibility for the team may be assigned (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc).
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred in Marketing or Finance.
- Professional experience in a related field.
- Operational Market research. Understanding of Product Life.
- Cycle challenges and levers to address.
- Understanding/ Practice of sales processes in the IT industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT industry knowledge.
- Business planning skills.
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage business planning and reporting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top