Category Management Representative
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the world’s largest & most successful IT companies. With our corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, HPE is among the world’s largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to small-and-medium businesses and large enterprises including governments. We offer a diverse portfolio of products to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in more than 90 countries. We know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success. We invest in your personal growth and development in an environment that will both challenge and reward you.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the India.
In order to drive this continued success through our talented workforce, we have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager (Technical Product Marketing) to join the Data Centre Hybrid Cloud (DCHC) Division focussed on the Data Centre Networking market segment. The successful candidate will lead the growth (FY17 Plan approx. $10M USD) in the Data Centre Networking (DCN) business across India reporting into the India DCHC Category Management Lead. This is a Technical Product Marketing and Management role covering the DCN segment of the business in the capacity of product portfolio management, product launch and lifecycle, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Data Centre Network businesses to deliver on company revenue and margin goals
- Leading an integrated team of country category management staff and manage staff career development and discussion
- Provide thought leadership and program management for initiatives through competitive analysis, positioning & programme development and execution
- Coordinate country based Go-to-Market (GTM) analysis, planning and evolution
- Create and foster a mutually beneficial relationship with global BU or country communication and liaison
- Coordinate and drive country based market share analysis and growth plan development
- Drive and coordinate country based product marketing plan development and execution, product education and self-training
- Represent HPE to the customer in all Network related activities and develop a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industries
- Delivery of country field communications; develop and coordination of distribution and reseller enablement plans
- Coordinate and drive country based launch planning & event execution, promotions and programmes
- Be the premier product evangelist and subject matter expert
- Country based demo stock coordination and management
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years in product management or technology solutions experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in Network, Server and or Storage value propositions and awareness of relevant market landscape
- Initiate and drive innovative/breakthrough cross-functional and cross organizational strategies and tactics that generate revenue and share
- Proven collaborator and effective communicator to internal and external partners
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Network product knowledge with understanding of supporting technologies
- Leadership skills to develop innovative growth plans within the HPE business team
- Sound understanding on revenue recognition rules on multiple element deals, either direct or via partners
- Effectively engage, present and influence at C level
- Leverage strong understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for HPE
- Successfully build strategic relationships with partner senior management, principals and decision makers; aligning partner and HPE processes; developing and promoting HPE programs and offerings
- Team effectively with others on the business team and extended internal network to ensure coordinated GTM execution
- Coordinate and direct efforts across multiple sales teams and internal functions to drive results
- Establish thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
- Create solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
- Persuasively communicate the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top