Capacity Manager (Infrastructure)
About Hewlett Packard
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HP Enterprise Services (ES) offers a diverse portfolio of products ranging from applications and business process improvements to infrastructure technology outsourcing.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Capacity Manager is a key process role defined under the ITIL framework. In this role you will be responsible for managing the Capacity management and planning process and leading a capacity management team delivering services to a HPE Client. You will ensure the delivery of cost-effective and sustained capacity management service to support achieving our Client’s objectives.
- Ensure the Capacity Management and Capacity Planning processes are in place and followed
- Providing leadership and high quality support in all phases of the capacity management and planning processes.
- For your defined areas of responsibility lead the Capacity Management team and HPE Capabilities to ensure the preparation and analysis of capacity management trends and growth plans and reports and make recommendations for future capacity requirements.
- Represent the Capacity Management team during project and business planning meetings with other HPE Capability teams and the Client, to ensure that the standard HPE Capacity Management Service Offerings are implemented and where agreed with the Account extended to meet Client requirements.
- Provide capacity consultation and leadership to the Client and internal HPE stakeholders regarding capacity related issues.
- Monitor automated data collection processes and escalate failures to technical support teams
- Ensure that data is processed through standard processes in a timely manner.
- Produce plans/reports on in scope configuration items for assigned Clients and report in a timely manner to the relevant parties.
- Process alerts of predicted capacity threshold breaches and assign to appropriate HPE Capabilities for action and monitor their progress and escalate where necessary
- Be an active and proactive member of the APJ Capacity Management Team, and contribute to its success
- Support growth and new business through facilitating and overseeing the successful implementation of the HPE Capacity Management processes.
- As Client needs require, you will lead or assist in capacity assessment activities and will produce the necessary report documentation and recommendations.
- Escalate any issues relating to service risk or Client dissatisfaction
- Manage delivery to meet the Capacity Management Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Provide ITIL support across multiple processes e.g. Availability Management where required
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Good to have Master’s degree in related field.
- Good to hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 5 years of relevant experience
Skills and Experience required:
- C#.NET programming SQL
- UNIX SHELL Scripting awk
- Macro (Excel)
- Previous Capacity management and planning experience either directly in a Capacity role or via a technical Capability team is desirable.
- 2 years specific Capacity Manager and Planner experience is desirable
- ITIL V3 certification and/ or solid experience working within an ITIL environment
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant operational IT and business experience
- Up to date knowledge across emerging technologies and IT best practices
- Understanding of Cloud, VMware, Networking, Security and Firewalls (not essential)
- Experience in outsourced/multi-sourced IT environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Evidence of well-developed adaptive problem-solving skills that can be applied in a broad or generally defined environment
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills and listening actively
- Ability to read contracts and statements of works (SOW) documents and determine business requirements
- Proven experience in leading and influencing teams of Managers, Clients and vendors that work as partners to achieve and deliver timely and cost effective business focused solutions
- Ability to manage strong Customer relationships
- Must be able to work without daily management supervision
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the world’s largest & most successful IT companies. With our corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, HPE is among the world’s largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to small-and-medium businesses and large enterprises including governments. We offer a diverse portfolio of products to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in more than 90 countries. We know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success. We invest in your personal growth and development in an environment that will both challenge and reward you.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top